Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween Candy

There are so many stores that are putting their Halloween candy on clearance. This is a GREAT time to stock up on your candy for next year. I have been doing this for years and have never had a problem with my candy going bad or chocolate turning gray. Here's what I do:

* Chocolate Candy - Place unopened bags in Ziploc freezer bags. Squeeze as much air out when sealing it. Place in the freezer and leave until you need it. When you are ready to use, take it out and use it. The chocolate is perfect and it taste great. When I first started freezing chocolate I didn't put in freezer bags...I just put the unopened chocolate bag in the freezer. The bag absorbed other smells and the chocolate didn't taste fresh. But, if you put them in freezer bags it keeps the chocolate fresh!

* Regular Candy - Take a look at the expiration date on the bags. I bought some yesterday and the expiration date on the bags was 11/2010 and 01/2011. That's after Halloween next year...so it's good to go! I put the candy bags in freezer Ziploc bags, squeeze the air out and seal it. I store these in a cool, dry place away from sunlight. (the back part of my pantry) I've been doing this as well and the candy stays fresh. Just make sure you check out the expiration date.

Target finally has their candy on 50% off (not sure why they tried to start with 30% this year???). Hot Coupon World has the Target coupons and there are some candy coupons that expire on 11/7. Combine the coupons with the clearance candy and you can score some great deals! Get the coupons here.

No comments:

Post a Comment