Monday, April 20, 2009

Making Extra Money

A great way to make some extra money (and clean your house at the same time) is to sell items in a garage sale, on Ebay or Craigslist. I have done all 3 and I prefer Ebay and Craigslist over garage sales (I can sell at my own pace and not have to worry about the weather!).

If you sell on Craigslist, make sure you state "cash only" so that you don't have to worry about the hassle of bad checks. Also, be aware that there are people out there to scam you. So, if you get an email about your item saying "I want to buy your item but am traveling so I'm just going to have my secretary send you the money"...delete it! It's a scam.

If you sell on Ebay, you might want to check out this ebook that teaches you about Ebaying and gives pointers. Suzanne Wells is the author of this ebook and is currently offering it for free. Check it out!

I'm going to challenge myself to clean out some closets and sell some unnecessary items so that I can have some summer "play" money when the kids are out of school. If you decide to take the challenge as well, let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment