Tuesday, July 21, 2009

All about YOU

I believe that we should "document" our lives...for our family, for our children, for future generations, for ourselves. Years ago, I kept a prayer journal where I wrote down the different things that were taking place in my life and my daily prayers. I love reading it now...especially to see how I've changed and how God has worked in my life. When my grandparents were still living, they wrote down stories, events, feelings, etc about themselves. Although I spent lots of time with my grandparents, I learned so much more about them when I read the things they wrote. Now, I scrapbook and blog for my family. It's fun to look at and read now, and I know we will continue to enjoy our "life documentation" in the years to come.

Becky Higgins, from Creating Keepsakes, has posted "Life Story Pages" that you can print off her blog. She has one for teenagers and one for adults. These are FREE to print. Take the time to print these and fill them out. You will enjoy reading them and your family/kids will enjoy reading them in the future. If you have teenagers, really encourage them to fill them out. We all have a story to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment