Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Kroger Trip!

Well, today is the big DOUBLE coupons up to $1 at Kroger! I found a 24-hour store and discovered that they would start doubling coupons at 1:30 a.m. So, a field trip was planned to Kroger at 12:00 a.m. (this morning)!We started shopping at midnight. By 12:20 a.m. the store started getting more crowded (for 12:20 in the morning!).By 1:45 a.m. we had finally made it to the frozen/refrigerated section (which means the shopping trip was almost over!). (oops, I mean by 1:46 a.m.)
We finally are ready to get in line...only to find a long line with one checker. But I had my friend Amy with me so we had some good girly chat time!It was finally my turn to check out. As the lady was scanning all my items I looked up to see that my total was already over $200! yikes! I think my heart skipped a couple of beats! When she finished scanning everything, my total was over $280! I was hoping that I had enough coupons to bring down the total!! ($280 was not in my grocery budget!) As my coupons were scanned, the total slowly went down. My final price? $101.99! (aw, man. Those 2 cans of yummy, indulgent Pringles kept me from being under $100! Oh well. Worth it.) I saved $178.50! Woohoo! That just makes me happy! The receipt was almost as tall as me! Love it!
We finally left Kroger at 2:45.
I finally got to bed at 3:30 a.m. (oh, and was awakened twice because of my little munchkins having scary dreams). Right now, I'm a little tired but I'm still so pumped about the money I saved! (I may have a sickness.)

So, if you would like to save some big bucks, go to Kroger today! However, as busy as it was in the middle of the night, I can't imagine what the stores will be like today...in the middle of the day!

1 comment:

  1. You beat me!! I just sat down to do my post! Oh well - that is fine - you beat me on the total too!

    ReplyDelete